Test Translation: more than 1000 words within 3 hours without a break?


Today I've got an email where it was stated that I am very lucky as I have passed the first stage and have been chosen among more than 1000 Russian translators.

Ok,  more than 1000 Russian translators online ... May be ...

And then I was asked to complete the test.

I have done quite a lot of test translations in my life. Especially in the beginning of my career. Actually, it has never been a problem for me to translate around 300 words free of charge.

But this time it was different. Actually, I've never thought that the companies could be so impudent! This time I was asked to complete a test translation online which last 3 hours!!! It covers translation and localization of a text which is about 1000 words, localization of adwords ads, and additional localization of content.

My failure is that I couldn't find the words to explain that this is not a test translation. This is a very big project which cannot be done within 3 hours. I was just at a loss.

I read somewhere when companies were asking to translate around 1000 words for a test. But I've never come across the fact that it should be done within three hours without any stop.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why Your Website Should Speak Russian?

Localize App keywords for free | Russian translator

Professional Russian Translator. No Frills, no filler, just answers